Monday, July 23, 2012

Challenged

I have always wanted to write a book, but I rarely write anything except thank you notes and notes of encouragement.  I think I have something to offer if not to others than to myself by blogging the life of a Mom to adult children.  I like to believe I was a pretty good Mom to my kids growing up but the reality is that I don't really know.  Even when your children are successful and have productive lives you don't know if something in their childhood experience left an indelible mark.   The challenges of parenting do not stop when they go to college.  The challenge becomes more obtuse when adult children marry and have their own children.  One is called to respond when asked but keep quiet otherwise.  My children earned the independence they know but every parent especially some fail to allow their children to live their own lives and make their own mistakes. So this blog will tell of those times when I wanted to speak and didn't and those times I spoke and should have found duck tape!

No comments:

Post a Comment